Virginia Medicare Insurance Plans
Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Policies
Virginia does not require insurers to sell a Medicare Supplement policy to adults under 65 afflicted with disability.
Mini-COBRA Policies (small group)
Virginia requires small employers to provide twelve months of continuation coverage.
Medicare Savings Programs In Virgina
Virginia has three Medicare Savings Programs.
The following data is from 2016 and is based on federal amounts. These amounts may increase in 2017. If your income and resources are slightly higher, you should still apply, you may qualify for benefits even if your income is higher than the limits listed.*
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMBs): For individuals with a monthly income under $1,010 and for couples with a monthly income under $1,355, the state pays all premiums for Part B and all Co-Pays and Deductibles for Parts A & B
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMBs): For individuals with a monthly income under $1,208 or couples with monthly income under $1,622, the state pays premiums for Part B.
- Qualified Individuals (QIs): For individuals with a monthly income under $1,357 or for couples with monthly income under $1,823, the state pays premiums for Part B.
*Data from Medicare.gov
**According to Secure.ssa.gov, you should be aware that several States may even disregard all resources for individuals or couples in certain categories.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
SHIP services are provided through theÂ Virginia Department for the Aging, which subcontracts with 22 local area agencies on aging (AAAs) to provide SHIP services in every community across the Commonwealth.
State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
Virginia offers its citizens two pharmaceutical assistance programs:
- The AIDS Drug Assistance Program
- Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services Community State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program
Extra Help With Prescription Coverage Assistance 2012:
In 2016, you may qualify if you have up to $17,820 in yearly income ($24,030 for a married couple).
If you live in Virginia, consult with one of our MedicareSolutions.com licensed sales agents for help on how to compare Virginia Medicare insurance plans. One of our licensed sales agents can compare plans in your area and help you find the best Virginia Medicare insurance plans that are right for you.