Virginia Medicare Insurance Plans
Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Policies
Virginia does not require insurers to sell a Medicare Supplement policy to adults under sixty-five afflicted with disability.
Mini-COBRA Policies (small group)
Virginia requires small employers to provide twelve months of continuation coverage.
Medicare Savings Programs In Virgina
Virginia has three Medicare Savings Programs:
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMBs): For individuals with a monthly income under $958 and for couples with a monthly income under $1293, the state pays all premiums for Part B and all Co-Pays and Deductibles for Parts A & B
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMBs): For individuals with income under $1149 or couples with income under $1551, the state pays premiums for Part B.
- Qualified Individuals (QIs): For individuals with income under $1293 or for couples with an income under $1745, the state pays premiums for Part B.
To qualify for any one of these programs, participants must have assets below $6,600 or be part of a couple with assets below $9,910.
Virginia does not have a high-risk insurance pool.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program
SHIP services are provided through theÂ Virginia Department for the Aging, which subcontracts with 22 local area agencies on aging (AAAs) to provide SHIP services in every community across the Commonwealth.
State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
Virginia offers its citizens two pharmaceutical assistance programs:
- The AIDS Drug Assistance Program
- Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services Community State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program
Extra Help With Prescription Coverage Assistance 2012:
This program is a subsidy for Part D recipients with resources under $13,070 (or $26,120 for a couple) to receive money towards a Medicare prescription drug plan. The benchmark of support is different depending on which region of the country you live in. In Virginia in 2012, the low-income subsidy was $30.95 per month.
If you live in Virginia, consult with one of our MedicareSolutions.com insurance specialists for help on how to compare Virginia medicare insurance plans. One of our experienced specialists can compare plans in your area and help you find the best Virginia medicare insurance plans thats right for you.